Laser Tag News
Laser Tag & Coleman form Alliance
Laser Tag-in-a-Box and Coleman, two world leaders in active
adventure, announced today that they have formed a strategic
alliance to promote a new way of having fun in the great
The partnership will benefit families looking to enjoy outdoor
Local firm Laser–Tag-in-a-Box’s has created a kids party package
that arrives at your doorstep in a box.
“Laser Tag is high tech hide and seek,” said Nicole Lander,
Chief Fun Officer, Laser Tag-in-a-Box.
Laser Tag-in-a-Box offers a step-by-step guide to organising a
kid’s party at home; it also includes hire of all the equipment
needed. This rental service is the first of its kind in
Laser-Tag-in-a-Box has taken the fun outdoors with their
innovative phasers. Previously families needed to travel to an
indoor arena to play.
The toy phasers emit infrared, just like a TV remote and the
equipment has cool sound and light effects.
And now with this new alliance with Coleman have added optional
inflatables so families can transform their backyard to a
Coleman has almost 100 years of experience of innovating in
outdoor recreation activity and sporting goods products
including the iconic “Esky.”
They have now lent their experience to producing gaming
inflatables for outdoor laser tag.
“The strategic alliance we have formed with Coleman is a good
example of us working with the best global brand names in the
outdoor recreation sector,” said Nicole.
“Between us we have durable and functional products and the
ability to offer a complete rental solution for outdoor family
fun,” said Nicole.
Laser-Tag-in-a-Box is a division of Battlefield Sports, the
world leader in the development and production of infrared
phasers for combat entertainment. Battlefield Sports™ makes
patent‐pending SATR® phasers and writes unique battle missions.
With millions of games played in more than 35 countries, it is
headquartered in Australia and has agencies in the UK, Spain,
and in the USA. It has won numerous awards for excellence,
including being named one of the Top 3 Art/Entertainment
Exporters in Qld (2004, 2009 and 2010). With more than a decade
of experience, the group is the pacesetter in the development
combat entertainment systems. Laser-Tag-in-a-Box hires gaming
equipment to birthday parties, vacation care programs and summer
camps. For more information, please visit
As a global leader in the innovation and marketing of outdoor
products, Coleman, The Outdoor Company, helps people have fun
and make memories by providing the gear integral to their
favorite outdoor experiences. The company’s products include its
legendary lanterns and stoves, as well as coolers, tents,
sleeping bags, airbeds, backpacks, furniture, and grills under
the Coleman® brand. Founded in 1900 and based in Wichita,
Kansas, Coleman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jarden
Corporation. For more information, please visit
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Nicole Lander, Founder, Laser-Tag-in-a-Box
ENDS # # #
Laser Tag Innovations
Ready, Aim... Fun! Innovations to keep your business zapping
Get ready; get set for fun with a fantastic new product from Timescape.net, a division of Battlefield Sports.
For more than a decade, the company has been supplying a range of laser tag gear to businesses seeking innovations in live gaming.
Continuing this tradition of innovation Timescape is pleased to announce a new gaming gun model: the
The Cobra Laser tag phasers are a great addition to a family entertainment center, bowling alley, skating arena, or other entertainment venue.
- Only $777usd per unit, including re-chargeable battery means it is cheaper to start.
- No royalties means it is cheaper to run.
- The system is straight forward to operate but with the features that gamers want means system will delight and impress customers and ensure that they keep coming back.
- This all-new gaming gun is lighter and more compact then its cousins and this means kids as young as 6 (or the young at heart) can play.
- Every unit includes the latest SATR electronics means you get the patent-pending real-time hit feedback that is the adrenaline rush for gamers. The secret here is the Battlefield Sports’ “what you see is what you get” policy and our team scoring philosophy, you can learn more about these two benefits on our web site, but basically, this means high repeat play.
- Ergonomic design, no protruding barrel, in fact no barrel at all for maximum safety means reduced injury risk. It also includes a blaze orange tip so there is no mistaking this for a real firearm.
- Long life battery means you can entertain customers all day without down time and this means ensures high throughput.
- Made from heavy duty MAKROLON 2858 polycarbonate resin which is on average 4mm thick even thicker in critical areas means the units are built tough.
- The design incorporates extensive use of silicone seals means the Cobra highly water resistant.
- A precision engineered peep sight with own red dot inside means it never needs to be zeroed. (You can add an optional 30mm red dot scope -- which are wired into the main power supply).
- All electronic parts except the reload button are mounted on the right shell means disassembly, maintenance and reassembly extremely easy.
- Integrated head and barrel mounted infrared Optik sensors means better game play and improved hygiene. (While we can attach our sensors to a tactical vest we recommend hats/head wraps which can be washed, so every gamer gets a clean, hygienic experience.)
- Free “basic games handbook” means it is easy to get started with exactly how to run missions.
The end result?
Operators can breathe a sigh of satisfaction as they realise they've made the right equipment choice.
Perfect for groups, system capacity is only limited by the amount of space available to allocate to the attraction.
"Really, the new Cobra is all about fun, fast and reliable performance for those looking to get started in a Family Entertainment business or the existing operator searching for an affordable, dependable gaming gun," said Nicole Lander, Marketing C.O. for
"We're offering a progressive-looking product backed by proven technology. We are confident the Cobras are going to turn some heads."
The Cobra comes in three colors - Blue, Green or Red.
To celebrate its launch the Cobra is on sale, contact your local agent for the best price.
Battlefield Sports launches "Timescape.net"
Battlefield Sports, industry leader in combat entertainment and famous for its outdoor laser tag, launches new website "timescape.net" to highlight its technology applications for indoor laser tag.
Timescape.net is the brainchild of Nicole and Peter Lander. The couple have been successfully innovating in the laser tag industry since 1999.
Battlefield Sports Named "Best of Show"
Battlefield Sports earned “Best of Show” honors at the International Laser Tag Association Convention, held April 25-29 at The Flamingo Hotel Convention Center, Las Vegas.
Earning Best of Show recognition for their exhibit.
A record number of 103 exhibitors showcased their products at this year's show.
Best of Show
The Best of Show awards were given to exhibitors in two categories, one for 200 sq. ft. and smaller and another for more than 200 sq. ft.
In the small exhibit category, judges applauded the eye-catching layout of Battlefield Sports' exhibit and the way it “clearly themed the product offerings.”
The judges liked the way the booth accomplished the company’s message while at the same time attracting attention for exhibit hall visitors.
The Best of Show programs is an annual event at the International Laser Tag Association Convention held in
conjunction with their Gold Phaser Award.
the next step...
top of page
Ben & Aaron in front of Coleman
Ben with a new "Cobra"
Nicole with a purple
"Scorpion" and Peter with a green
"Commando Carbine" (these phasers are available via